Full of light tones that give a crisp, clean feel, white oak displays combination of deep grayish-brown heartwood and pale creamy tones. Known for its durability and resistance to wear, this wood has been a standard in homes across the country. The subtle grain and elegant look of white oak lends itself well to a variety of décor styles.
White Oak Rift & Quarter Sawn
Like its plain sawn counterpart, the rift and quartersawn white oak is full of light crisp tones that offer a clean uncomplicated feel. White oak displays a combination of deep grayish-brown heartwood and pale creamy tones. The straight and subtle grain of this material lends itself well to a craftsman home and looks stunning with a dark stain.
White Oak Specifications
- Source: Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota
- Widths: 2-1/4”, 3-1/4”, 4”, 5” (Other widths available)
- Lengths: 1’-8’ (Longer lengths available)
- Grade: Select, Rustic or Rift and Quartered
- Hardness: 1360 (5% harder than Red Oak)
- Stability: Above Average
- Light sensitivity: Moderate