Santos Mahogany is one of the most coveted exotic hardwoods in the world. It’s beautiful reddish brown to deep red color remains constant over time. Its tight grain serves as an exquisite accompaniment to the rich colors with its fine, distinctive strokes. Like many Brazilian exotics, Santos Mahogany offers not only a beautiful visual appearance but astounding durability as well.
With a Janka rating of 2,200, Santos Mahogany is 18% harder than Hickory, the hardest of North American hardwoods. For longevity and amazing looks, Santos Mahogany is tough to beat.
Santos Mahogany Specifications
- Also Known As: Cabreuva
- Source: Brazil, Panama, Paraguay, Bolivia, Peru, Mexico, Guatemala
- Widths: 3 ¼”, 5” (Other widths available)
- Lengths: 1’-7’ (Longer lengths available)
- Grade: Clear Grade
- Hardness: 2200 (71% harder than Red Oak)
- Stability: Average
- Light sensitivity: Moderate